While beer might taste good and is a good way to enjoy with friends, it comes with a cost. Most beer drinkers suffer from beer belly which if left untreated could lead to various other health complications. Hence it is important to find out ways and means by which one can get rid of a beer belly.
Over the next few lines we will look at 10 different ways by which we can reduce belly caused by regular excessive drinking of beer. It is important to treat the problem as early so that health complications like blood sugar, hypertension, cardiac problems and kidney problems can be avoided.
1. Walk After A Beer Drink
If you are a regular beer drinker it is important that you develop the habit of walking at least half a mile after a beer drink. Most of us often tend to get into the car immediately after a beer drink. This hardly gives any time for the body to metabolize the drink. The result more often than not is developing a round belly which might be difficult to get rid of.
2. Climb The Stairs
Beer is rich in carbohydrates and therefore it is important to burn it as much as possible. So if you are serious about getting an answer as to how to get rid of a beer belly then you must exercise your body as much as possible. Simple things like using the stair case instead of lifts and elevators could help a lot. It is tough habit which has to be cultivated over a period of time.
3. Avoid Eating Fatty Substances
If you have a penchant for drinking beer at least thrice or four times a week then you must have a close look at the kind of food you are eating. You must try and avoid processed foods and foods that are rich in carbohydrate and saturated fatty acids. A combination of these two could create lot of problems and lead to your beer belly growing in size very fast.
4. Spread Your Meals
Most of us are into the habit of eating two or three meals a day. If you are beer drinker it is important that you split your meals as many times as possible. Ideally you should begin with a rich breakfast and breakup your lunch and dinner into three or four meals. This will help a lot in negating the bad effect of beer drinking.
5. Keep Large Meals For Early Part Of The Day
We tend to work hard during the day and so our metabolism also works very efficiently during the first half of the day. Therefore beer drinkers in particular should ensure that the larger portion of the daily food is consumed in the first half. This will go a long way to get rid of a beer belly.
6. Be Aware Of Your Lifestyle
Drinking mugs of beer and leading a sedentary lifestyle is a perfect recipe for having a beer belly. It is therefore important that you keep a watch on your daily activities especially if you are on a desk job. You must find out ways and means by which you are able to exercise your body even when you are working. Taking a stroll everyone hour in your office just for five minutes could help a lot.
7. Drink Plenty Of Water
If you are a beer drinker you are certainly providing your body with alcohol. Alcohol leads to dehydration. It is therefore important for beer drinkers to be aware of this fact. Drinking around eight to ten glasses of water is extremely important. If this habit can be cultivated during your beer drinking occasions it can also help in reducing the intake of beer.
8. Replace Caffeinated Drinks
Replacing coffee with green tea is a good option for each of us. If you are a regular beer drinker then it is important for you to restrict or even completely stop drinking coffee. You should replace it with green tea which is rich in anti-oxidants and various other minerals and vitamins. Green tea can help in increasing the metabolism rate of the body. This is extremely critical for beer drinkers because they are burdening the body with excess carbohydrate which has to be burnt out. Green tea can play a significant role for meeting this objective.
9. Stay Away From Soft Drinks And Colas
If you are a beer drinker you should be very cautious when it comes to drinking other beverages such as cokes and soda-based drinks. These drinks are rich in sugar carbohydrate. When you make it a habit to drink coke and beer then you will certainly hasten the process of having a beer belly. More importantly getting rid of it would be a tough job.
10. Exercise, Exercise And Exercise
Beer drinkers should pay special attention to their tummy and abdomen area for obvious reasons. These are the areas where un-burnt fat usually gets accumulated. Therefore you must find ways and means by which you can get rid of these extra pounds of fat in your belly area. Push-ups, aerobic exercises, cardio exercises and other such work outs are critical if you are keen on getting rid of excess fat in your abdomen area.
Do’s And Don’ts
- Always do have a specified time-table for drinking beer. This will prevent you from drinking beer daily.
- Try to get back home immediately after your job or work. Staying with your family will help divert your attention from your beer drinking habit.
- Engage in your favorite sporting activity or watch movies in the evenings and weekends. This will help reduce your dependency on beer.
- Do not mix beer with other alcoholic drinks. Not only do they burden your body with excess carbohydrates they also dehydrate your body leading to lot of health problems especially in the long term.
- Don’t drink alone. If you have a good friend sharing a beer drink with you, he/she will stop you when you are crossing the limits.
- While the best way to get rid of beer belly is to stay away from it, this may not always possible. You should therefore try to moderate your beer drinking habits and also find out ways to burn the excess calories.